Saturday, November 22, 2008

sleep, where are you?

I was so proud of myself last night - I went to bed early.  Landon had gone to bed at 6:20 p.m. and I had such big plans of going to bed early too, and catching up on some much-needed sleep, since Tyson is out of town and all.  So, I crawled in bed around 9 p.m., feeling really good about it.  And then I tossed and turned, and maybe dozed a little until I fell asleep around midnight.  Only to be woken up about 20 minutes later by Landon, crying in his sleep.   Of course, I didn't know it was in his sleep so I got out of bed to go check on him only to find him peacefully snoozing away.  I get back in bed and toss and turn for another 30 or 40 minutes, fall asleep, and one of the cats starts scratching at the blinds about 20 minutes later.  Grrrrr.   Then Landon wakes up and calls for me.  At this point, I bring Landon into our bed so I don't have to keep getting out of it to check on him, toss both the cats outside, and try to get back to sleep.  I finally fell asleep and slept fitfully until Landon decided to wake up for the days at about 6:30 a.m.  I think I got maybe five hours of sleep.  So much for my big plan to get all this extra, great sleep.  Although, I do think I will try again tonight.  Especially because I really feel like I need it now.  

Luckily, Landon and I drove out to my mom's house for the day today, and she played with Landon all day while I sat in their recliner and read a book.  It was quite relaxing, and it was nice to read more than a couple pages at a time in my book.  Landon has such as blast out there that he doesn't even bat an eye at the fact that I'm not devoting any of my attention to him as he plays happily with my mom.  Love it.  

I'm going to go read more of that book.  Maybe I can even finish it.  Wouldn't that be something?

No comments: