Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birthday-Eve

Two years ago on this day I was 4o minutes away from having my water break and about an hour away from having contractions start, signaling the beginning of my labor with Landon.  I don't think I'll ever forget the feeling of nervous anticipation that came over me then, knowing that in a matter of hours we would finally get to meet the little one we'd been waiting for.  Now, here we are two years later, on his birthday-eve, and I'm so glad he is a part of our lives.  He astounds me everyday with his intelligence, sense of humor, delight in the world, and love for us.  He is such an amazing little boy, and he has taught me so much about myself.  I am eagerly anticipating our future, but I am also looking back fondly on where we have been and all we have already done together.  We are so blessed!  We love you, little boy, and wish you a most happy second birthday!  

No comments: