Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

It is election day. I'm glad it will be over soon. I am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out, and I think it will turn out the way I am hoping. That's all I have to say on that.

Today Landon and I spent a lot of time playing inside, which is very unusual for us. It was rainy and cold and Landon, my outdoor boy, only wanted to go outside once and didn't fight me about coming back into the warm house. We moved the coffee table out of the middle of the living room and pulled the cushions off the couches. He spent a lot of time jumping off the couches and playing in the cushions. He also discovered his set of wooden blocks, and spent a lot of time building things throughout the day. He has had those blocks for over a year, and just now decided they were worth playing with. I'm always just amazed at how his mind works. Why were the blocks fun today, and they've never been fun before? Also, why does he all of a sudden want to spend a good deal of time reading books when even two weeks ago he just wasn't into it? It's so intriguing. He grows and changes so quickly and I am so thankful that I get to be here with him all the time to watch all the little things take place as he discovers his world.

Also, we spent time really working on using the potty today. Landon spent most of the first part of the day naked and then spent the afternoon wearing his training pants. He used the potty most of the day, and I was surprised at how well he did. He seems really ready for using the potty, and I have high hopes that he will be potty trained within the month. Of course, now that I've said that he won't want anything to do with it, but I can still hope.

I will leave you with a great picture of him playing today, talking to his blocks, being naked, and wearing his helmet. The helmet was a remnant of "riding" the edge of the bathtub like it was a 4-wheeler. Yeah, I don't get it either.

No comments: