Monday, November 29, 2010

The Night Out

Saturday afternoon, Tyson and I packed up the boys and braved the snowy roads to take them to my mom's for the night. Now, this was the first time that Coleson had ever been away from us all night. Really, it was the only time he had ever been away from me for more than about five or six hours. I was nervous about it, but everyone else was quite excited. Mixed in with being nervous, I was excited too. It would be the first time I had spent more than a few hours alone with Tyson since Landon was born over four years ago.

After dropping the boys off at Gram's house, we headed back into town. We stopped for coffee, we went shopping, we checked into our hotel. Then we did more shopping, had drinks and appetizers at a couple different restaurants, and had dinner at an hour when our kids have usually been in bed for a while. We had a nightcap and then slept all night with no nursing babies, no children crawling into bed in the wee hours of the morning, nothing but sleep. It was lovely. Then in the morning we treated ourselves to brunch (If you live in Spokane and haven't had brunch at the Davenport, go. Yes, it's expensive. Go anyway.)

So, it was about 24 hours without the kids and we can't wait to do it again. Of course, I was excited to see my kids the next afternoon, but we will be having some more nights with them at Grandma's house. We just might skip the hotel and stay in our own bed next time.

(Oh, and for the record, Coleson did GREAT at my mom's for the night. He didn't cry for me all night or any of the other things I had been worried about. Thank goodness!)

No comments: