Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gearing Up

Landon's birthday is in just a couple of days and with his birthday comes "the holidays" for me. I am gearing up for a busy three months or so ahead of us. All of our birthdays fall between now and the end of February, sprinkle in Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day and it gets a little crazy. I am looking forward to all the festivities this year with kids who will actually be really excited about it all.

We made our first batch of sweet treats today, to be Landon's birthday snack at school tomorrow. I also found a couple other recipes I want to try for the holidays this year. But with me and Tyson eating no grains, and our whole family eating very little sugar I am debating whether or not to even make anything sweet this year. Maybe I will just rely on other people's treats. Although, I love to cook and bake so I don't know if I can forgo it completely.

I used to have all my Christmas shopping done before November, but this year I have only bought stuff for the kids and knit a few things. I have no idea what I am getting most of the people on my list or how in the world I am going to find time to buy it. I may do a lot of internet shopping, which can be fun.

Mostly, I am just looking forward to everything. Sure, I get a bit overwhelmed at times, but this is one of my favorite times of year and I know I will enjoy it. So, taking cupcakes to Landon's school tomorrow starts another round of the holidays. Here we go!

No comments: