Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

"Don't complain." Those are the words I read today when I really needed them. They were on another blog, talking about the same thing I had been complaining about far too much lately - being pregnant.

With my other two boys, I loved being pregnant. I felt good, I loved everything about it. People would ask me how I felt and I always thought it was such a silly question - of course I felt great! I was pregnant! But with this baby, I don't always feel so great. I was sick for almost the whole first half. Since then I have been tired constantly and generally don't feel well most of the time. So it's been easy to complain because it's been easy to focus on the things that aren't so great - they are on my mind much of the time.

But today as I was feeling really bad for myself and starting to wish away this pregnancy, I read those words. "Don't complain." And they are so right. There may be much to complain about, but there is far more to be thankful about. Inside me is growing new life, a new human. He is already his own little person in there and he is such a miracle. All babies are. I am so blessed to be joining in this creation and this state is so, so temporary. This is likely the last time I will be pregnant, and I need to make sure I am not wishing it away and complaining about it. Because really, it's a wonderful place to be!

No comments: