Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18, 2011

I took some cute pictures today of the boys playing in the snow, but now I can't find the cable to download them from the camera so that will have to be another post.

Tomorrow is Landon's birthday, and he is so excited. He is turning five, which seems like such a big deal. He is no longer a toddler, or a preschooler. He is a kid. He will start kindergarten next fall, and I feel a little silly calling him my baby these days. He is just getting so big. I am excited for him, and for us, but it's a little bittersweet too.

All evening I've been watching the clock, like I do every year, thinking about the events that took place this night five years ago. Right now we would be at the grocery store picking up Thanksgiving food that my mom ended up cooking us because our baby was four days old and there was no way I was doing it. When we got home from the store my water broke, two weeks early, and I went into labor less that thirty minutes after that. It doesn't seem like it was five years ago. I think I will always remember those hours of labor and birth my whole life.

So, happy birthday-eve, Landon. We have quite the weekend of celebration planned!

No comments: