And, to totally steal an idea from Ivory (aren't I original today?), here are ten reasons I love being a mama.
1. I love seeing both of my boys smile when they see me in the morning. Cole, especially, looks so pleased that he wakes up next to me every morning.
2. I love watching them learn new things. Cole has really gotten the hang of his hands lately and loves to put them in his mouth, and Landon can ride a big kid bike these days.
3. I love watching them discover the world. Landon loves new words and phrases and repeats them over and over. He constantly asks questions and sometimes I swear I can see little wheels turning in his head. Cole watches everyone so closely - he is really absorbing so much information every day. Imagine everything being so new and fascinating!
4. I love how one minute I am so short on patience with them I think I will scream and maybe throw things, and then Cole will give me a huge grin out of the blue, or Landon will say something like, "Mama, can you turn up the music so we can rock out?" Then I just have to laugh and thank heaven that I get to hang out with these fun little people.
5. I love watching them with their dad. There is a different dynamic in their relationships with him, and it is amazing to watch them all together.
6. I love watching them grow and envisioning the men they will be someday. I think they are getting off to a pretty good start.
7. I love watching their personalities emerge. Landon is so like me - outgoing, bossy, a little OCD about some things, busy, and so talkative. Coleson is more quiet and laid-back, willing to sit still and observe.
8. I love hearing Landon call me Mama. Cole will, too, someday.
9. I love that they are young enough to still want to be with me all the time. Someday, I will probably be way too uncool, but for now I love that the place they want to be most in the world is with me.
10. I love how they love me so much. Without any restrictions, conditions, or requirements, just pure love.
I hope your Mother's Day was great!