Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  I thought this was worth sharing.  It made me laugh out loud, and then Tyson scolded me for startling the sleeping baby he's holding.  Oops.  

And, to totally steal an idea from Ivory (aren't I original today?), here are ten reasons I love being a mama.
1.  I love seeing both of my boys smile when they see me in the morning.  Cole, especially, looks so pleased that he wakes up next to me every morning.  
2.  I love watching them learn new things.  Cole has really gotten the hang of his hands lately and loves to put them in his mouth, and Landon can ride a big kid bike these days.  
3.  I love watching them discover the world.  Landon loves new words and phrases and repeats them over and over.  He constantly asks questions and sometimes I swear I can see little wheels turning in his head.  Cole watches everyone so closely - he is really absorbing so much information every day.  Imagine everything being so new and fascinating!  
4.  I love how one minute I am so short on patience with them I think I will scream and maybe throw things, and then Cole will give me a huge grin out of the blue, or Landon will say something like, "Mama, can you turn up the music so we can rock out?"  Then I just have to laugh and thank heaven that I get to hang out with these fun little people.  
5.  I love watching them with their dad.  There is a different dynamic in their relationships with him, and it is amazing to watch them all together.  
6.  I love watching them grow and envisioning the men they will be someday.  I think they are getting off to a pretty good start.  
7.  I love watching their personalities emerge.  Landon is so like me - outgoing, bossy, a little OCD about some things, busy, and so talkative.  Coleson is more quiet and laid-back, willing to sit still and observe.
8.  I love hearing Landon call me Mama.  Cole will, too, someday.  
9.  I love that they are young enough to still want to be with me all the time.  Someday, I will probably be way too uncool, but for now I love that the place they want to be most in the world is with me.  
10.  I love how they love me so much.  Without any restrictions, conditions, or requirements, just pure love.  

I hope your Mother's Day was great!

No comments: