Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Blahs

I know I have been horrible about updating.  I seem to get this idea in my head that I can't update without cute pictures and I need to move past that idea and just get in here and type.  Plus, I have just been feeling very blah lately.  Not sick or anything, but like I just want to keep things as simple and low-key as possible.  Maybe it's because I'm about to have a baby, or something along those lines.  Whatever it is, updating the blog has not been at the top of the list.  

We have been out looking at houses quite a bit, and have found some possibilities.  Nothing that is completely "it" for both of us, and now we are going to put looking on hold until after the baby is born.  The nesting part of me is desperate to have a home NOW, but logically I know it is dumb to buy a house two weeks before our baby is supposed to be born.  So, there are a couple we will probably go back to see but for now we are just going to give it a rest.  

I feel very much in waiting mode for the baby now.  Every night I go to bed and wonder if I will be woken in the middle of the night by a contraction or something, but every morning I wake up still very pregnant.  I am trying to be patient and let the baby come in his own time, but I am getting so impatient about meeting him and getting on with life as a new family of four.   I am trying to enjoy the last few days or weeks with Landon as my only child, but mostly I just find myself having no patience with him either which isn't exactly stellar for our relationship all the time.  Tomorrow I am hoping to take him to stay with the grandparents for a few hours while I go out.  Hopefully it will be refreshing for me and allow me to have a bit more patience about everything.  

Landon is in bed, and Tyson is working out, so I am going to go get some knitting done while I have a few minutes to myself.  Send happy baby vibes my way!

No comments: