Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Re-cap

Christmas has come and gone.  We thought we would be snowed in for a while, but we did manage to get out and see everyone we wanted to see.  Our friend Rob was here visiting a few days before Christmas and got stuck here until Christmas Eve day, but even he managed to get home to Portland to see his family.  My dad and step-mom almost got stuck in Seattle until after Christmas, but they were finally able to get home too. So, all went well after all.  Here's a quick re-cap of our holidays.  
  • Landon has so many new toys it's a bit ridiculous.  He is loving them, though.  Except for the ones we took and hid again to be brought out when I need something for him to do after the baby is born.  I guess that's what happens when you have three sets of grandparents.
  • Landon and I were sick for most of the last week or so.  Landon was mostly well by Christmas except for a runny nose, but I am still not feeling great.  Not the most ideal way to spend Christmas.  
  • I got a lot of knitting done.  I am almost finished with the bag I am making myself.  It should be done tonight.
  • Our house is a disaster.  It always takes me forever to find places to put new things.  
  • We generally had a great time seeing our friends and family over the last week, and I didn't update my blog at all because it was WAY more important to spend time with these people. 
In a quick non-holiday-related note, I am going to look at houses tomorrow.  We decided that we wanted to be able to take advantage of the low interest rates and find a house to buy instead of waiting until our lease on our rental is up in May.  Of course, if it takes until our lease is up to find a house that's ok, but we are excited about the possibility of being home owners again soon.  I am going to look at our top few picks tomorrow, and I sort of hope to just fall in love with one.  I didn't really want to move with a newborn, but I also desperately want my own house again.  So, we'll see how the house-hunting goes.  

I'm going to go finish knitting that bag now, and nurse my cold.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and is looking forward to a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house hunt. Tom and I hunted for months back when the market was booming, and had given up when this house fell into our laps (T's sister needed to sell for cheap, and we liked cheap). Are you working with a realtor? We never did, but Meghan has someone they really liked, if you want her name.

Glad Christmas went well, even though you were battling another cold. We have the sicks over here too. *sigh*