Wednesday, December 16, 2009

one of those days (a venting post)

Today was one of those days where nothing went quite as planned.

Tyson woke up this morning really sick and spent all day in bed. Therefore, I spent all day trying to keep the kids quiet and happy.

I did get some holiday baking done with Landon while Coleson napped, but then Coleson never took an afternoon nap and spent most of the rest of the day overly tired because of it.

We went to playgroup, but then had a hard time with Landon's behavior and instead of feeling relaxed and refreshed from time with good friends, I left feeling stressed about disciplining my three year old and how I could have handled it all better.

Came home from playgroup to a husband still in bed, dinner to be handled (called the in-laws to bring over food - bless them!), and tired kids to put to bed. Since Tyson was completely non-functional, I had to do bedtime alone, which I hate. The overtired little ones stayed up until around nine, even though their usual bedtime is between six-thirty and seven, and now that everyone is sleeping but me I just can't wind down and get myself to bed.

Ugh, days like this go against all the hard work I put into establishing a good rhythm in our house. And I really think I notice the deviations more than anyone else. It's amazing how one or two little things that are outside our norm and really just mess it all up. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully one where things go as planned!

1 comment:

ivymae said...

But you all survived! Another successful day in my opinion. :)

I'm seriously thankful for having a group of friends who can be honest about how hard parenting can be sometimes, but who are also full of funny and profound thoughts on it as well. xoxox