Saturday, August 29, 2009

wedding pictures

I promised pictures the other day, and here they are. We took some really great ones at Allison's wedding, but there were too many to share them all. We had such a good time at their wedding - it was quite the party!
The gorgeous bride. (Her dress and flowers were so, so pretty.)
Landon in his summer tux. All the groomsmen were jealous that he got to wear shorts and they didn't.
Another picture of Landon in his tux, because can you really have too many? Plus, in this one you get to see his cute little boutonniere (I sure hope that's spelled correctly).

Now, on to Coleson. He is doing so many new things these days. He started eating solid food, doing some baby signs, sitting, scooting, and crawling. He is also fond of the idea of pulling himself up to stand, but isn't quite strong enough yet. He is also showing the makings of quite the temper. He is really easy going most of the time, but every once in a while he can really let you know that he is not happy. Cole still has a big grin on his face for almost everyone he meets, and we often get greeted by wild flapping of arms and legs, a huge smile, and some shrieks. He is quite a charmer!
Coleson enjoying chewing on a corn cob at dinner.
Yep, it won't be long before he is terrorizing the house. I am equal parts dreading him being able to crawl well and being excited that he will be able to get around on his own.

Last, I went to my long-time friend Sarah's wedding a few weekends ago. We had such a good time seeing lots of people that I grew up with and their parents. It's so fun to be able to get together once in a while. Here we are at Sarah's reception.
These are the ladies I grew up with, and they are still some of my best friends. I think it's so great that we have been friends since we were ten and we still talk and hang out when we get the chance. I wish I had a photo on my computer of us as kids to compare. Then again, we looked pretty dorky in some, I'm not sure I really want them on the internet for all to see!

Anyway, those are my pictures from all the festivities of the last month or so. It's been a busy summer for us, and now we are starting to move into focusing on preparing for the fall and winter. We are doing some repairs around the house and working in the yard to get everything ready for cold weather and snow. Hopefully not as much snow as we had last year. We still have about a month left of good, warm weather though. Ok, off to go knit in peace while the baby naps and Landon is at the neighbor's house.

No comments: