Sunday, March 22, 2009

the new house

I realized yesterday that despite all that goes in to getting a new house and how much time it takes, I haven't talked much about our search for a house here.  So, we got a house!  It's in the perfect location - within walking distance to THREE parks - and we will live very close to three of my good friends.  We close on it this coming Thursday, and we will move a week after that.  We decided to take a week to paint and do a few other things to the house before we have all our stuff in the way.  I have yet to pack up anything in our current place, which is leaving me feeling slightly panicked, but with two little ones I can't seem to find time or energy to toss things in boxes.  Luckily the new place is pretty close by and we can just take carloads of stuff over without having to pack it too well.  My mom is coming for the day tomorrow, though, to help me get some of that stuff done.  We are so excited to finally have our own place just in time for spring and summer.  I will even get to have a garden this year!  So, that's what is going on with the house search.  Hopefully I can get some pictures of the new place up soon.  

No comments: