Friday, June 5, 2009

Tired days

We have had many busy days this week.  Tonight, I think all of us are very tired.  Landon and Coleson both fell asleep in my lap at about 6:20 p.m., and I felt like I could have joined them.  We've been having fun, though. 

Poor Coleson hasn't had a real nap in a couple days.  He takes all these little cat naps, but never really sleeps.  Thank goodness he sleeps so well at night.  I am thinking about setting up his crib and putting him in it for naps during the day so he can actually get a little more sleep and I can interact better with Landon.  

Landon has been biking and swimming so much that by the end of the day he is completely exhausted.  He is amazing in my in-laws' pool.  He wears his little water wings and he can swim the whole length of their pool.  This kid, he is so fearless.  I just love watching him do these things.  He constantly amazes me with what he attempts, and then stuns me further when he succeeds at them!   This kind of stuff is what being a mom is all about.  I learn so much from these two little people in my life.  

In other news, I took Landon in to get his collarbone looked at again, by a different doctor.  It's not broken and it's not dislocated, so we were told that there is an injury around the bone, maybe to the bone, and we essentially need to be patient and let it heal.  It will probably be tender for a while and we should definitely keep an eye on it, but there's not much we can do directly.  So, I feel ok about that, although I wish there was something I could do about the situation.  The doctor is going to order the x-rays and look at them himself just to make sure there's nothing really wrong, but I feel much better about it than I did after seeing Landon's pediatrician last week.  

I'm going to go knit with my long evening, and maybe I'll get more than a row or two done!

No comments: