Friday, November 12, 2010

Lunch Date

Today I took Landon out for a lunch date. His behavior hasn't been great lately, and I realized that I hadn't been spending much time alone with him. So today we made a lunch date. I took him to Red Robin, where he got to have pop with lunch and they gave him a balloon. After lunch, we went to Toys-R-Us at his request, where he played with the train table for as long as he wanted and then wandered around the store for a while. I didn't hurry him along and let him really enjoy being there. Then we ran a few other errands while I told him made-up train stories every single time he asked for them (which is really hard, by the way - my imagination isn't up to par!). I think it was pretty successful. It reminded me what a sweet boy he is and how much I enjoy the little person he is becoming.

No comments: